Medicinal Properties of Turmeric Latte
Turmeric is a part of Ayurvedic medicine. It has been used almost in all the Indian dishes. One of the drinks made by it is Turmeric Latte.
It is an Indian drink, also known as turmeric milk, which is gathering a lot of popularity outside India. It is now being sold at cafés and restaurants from Sydney to San Francisco.
You also wanna drink? Here is a Recipe to make a Turmeric Latte Mix:
It is a combination of nut milk and juiced turmeric root. To make a golden latte –
- Use coconut, almond or cashew milk
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/3 tsp of ground ginger
- 1/3 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp of raw honey
- Pinch of ground black pepper
Black pepper is an ingredient that can increase the rate of absorption of turmeric by over 1000 times. One can drink turmeric milk daily as it has many health benefits.
Some of the medicinal properties of turmeric are mentioned below:
- Loaded with Antioxidants – Antioxidants are compounds that fight cell damage and protect your body from stress. Turmeric contains antioxidants, and consumption of it proves to be beneficial.
- Reduce Inflammation and Joint Pain – Turmeric latte mix reduces chronic inflammation, which is a route cause of diseases like cancer and metabolic syndrome. It also lowers joint pain.
- Improve Memory and Brain Function – Intake of turmeric daily improves memory as it increases the level of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), which promotes the growth of brain cells. An increase in BDNF lowers the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Improves Mood of a person – Turmeric contains an active compound in it known as Curcumin, which boosts mood and reduces symptoms of depression. The people who used to take turmeric daily experience a similar improvement in mood as those given antidepressants.
- Protect from Heart Disease – The three ingredients, ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon, which we use to make turmeric milk, reduces heart disease, cholesterol levels. It also improves the function of blood vessel linings.
- Lower Blood Sugar Levels – Ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon are also beneficial for people who are suffering from diabetes. It helps in lowering blood sugar levels.
- Reduces Risk Of Cancer – Raw ginger contains anticancer properties, which reduces the growth of cancer cells. Curcumin also kills isolated cancer cells.
- Improves Digestion and contributes to stronger bones – Ginger is one of the ingredients used in golden milk that helps in chronic indigestion of the situation known as dyspepsia. Milk contains calcium and vitamin D, which keeps one’s bone health. It also saves one from conditions such as osteopenia and osteoporosis.
So, to be in good health, you should consume Turmeric Latte Mix. And, no wonder it is the most suitable alternative option for coffee. Make one for you and enjoy its benefits now!