Ayurveda – The Art of Healing
Charaka Samhita invented Ayurveda and thus, referred to as the father of Indian medicine.
Ayurveda came into existence around 6000 BCE. It has been evolved from four sacred Vedas, which are Rig Veda, Yajur Veda, Sam Veda, and Atharva Veda.
Since years, Ayurveda and its products have gained overwhelming popularity. A rise of 8 billion dollars is predicted by the year 2022 for ayurvedic products. The market for ayurvedic products has noted an immense growth rate of 23 % from 2015 to 2020.
Ayurvedic diet plays a crucial role in maintaining good health. It involves the consumption of primarily whole or minimal processed foods.
There should be a balance between the three types of doshas Vata, Pitta, and Kapha in one’s body. Let’s look at all three types of doshas :
- Vata – It is composed of Space and Air. It includes breathing, muscle, and tissue movement, and all the movements in the cytoplasm, cell membranes. If it is balanced, then it promotes creativity and flexibility.
- Pitta – Pitta is made of fire and water. If it is balanced, it promotes intelligence, but if not, it arouses hatred, anger, and jealousy.
- Kapha – It forms the body structure and provides the glue that holds the cell together. It moisturizes the skin and maintains immunity. If it is unbalanced, it leads to attachment, greed, and envy.
Ayurveda emphasis more on prevention and encourages the maintenance of health through proper diet, and healthy eating habits. Ayurvedic treatment includes processes such as:
- Panchakarma –To detoxify and rejuvenate the body, mind, and spirit, the Panchkarma process is done.
- Acupuncture – Thin needles have been inserted into a person’s skin at specific points while doing acupuncture. It brings the energy flow back in proper balance.
- Herbal medicine – It is prepared by using medicinal plants for medical treatments. It can treat many types of health issues such as skin problems, digestive problems and heart, and circulatory problems.
- Yoga – Yoga is a form of physical exercise that maintains both soul and body. Yoga has been practiced in India as well as in foreign countries.
One of the old sources of treatment is an ayurvedic medicine which combines products mainly taken from plants, animals, metal, and mineral.
Cherish inner nature by an Ayurveda treatment, which is beneficial to humans in this world and beyond the world.
Life is hell without good health so, be fitter, healthier, and happier with Ayurveda!!